Sunday, April 19, 2009

Setting out on a new voyage

  • Apr. 19th, 2009 at 9:32 PM
I just returned from a very enjoyable dinner with DareKun and Dan.  I only get to see Dare maybe once a week, so it was nice to be together again.  We had talked about my setting up this blog, so here it goes.



This morning I attended a couple of Buddhist activities.  I do my best to encourage the members.  That always raises my life condition and makes me happy and peaceful. 

My amaryllis bulbs are blooming.  They tried to bloom the first time at the usual season, around Christmas, but the snails ate them to nothing.  So, they tried again this spring, and this time I was ready with the sail bait.  I have a deep red one, a white one with red stripes and a pink one.  I love my amaryllis.

Today I'm knitting on a small, blue lace shawl.  The stitch pattern is taken from Wendy's Victorian Neck Cozy, but the shaping is different.  It is made from knobby-spun 100% Swiss cotton (Isis mercerise) in a softly cloudy French blue.  I think it will be perfect to keep the air-conditioning off my shoulders this summer in San Diego.  Pictures to follow. 
See ya,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment