Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Baa-Baa Little Lamb

Howdy,

Well I'm back form Mountain View and I finished the Little Toy Lamb, Ramsey.  I started him on the train on the way down the coast from Santa Barbara.  He's eight inches tall and a real honey.  I'll post a pattern on Ravelry when I get a chance.  It's a coolish Tuesday night after a warm spring day and I'm feeling good, if a but tired.




He's sitting on the vibrant orange silk scarf that number 2 sister, Heather, bought me in the Chinese silk shop in Los Altos to go with my new hair.

Across the street is a LYS, Uncommon Threads, http://www.uncommonthreadsyarn.com.  Really nice shop.  Lots of yummy yarn.  I got some tip protectors to help me work on the bridal shawl.  The lace is so ephemeral that even putting it away in my knitting bag can cause the sharp Addi Lace circ tips to snag the lace.  So, it goes better with big, green, silicon needle tips. 

Evva decided since I gave her the big red Swallowtail shawl as an early Christmas present, she'd give me mine early, too.  So, she bought me a newly released book on Estonian shawl knitting, "The Haapsalu Shawl, a Knitted Lace Tradition from Estonia" by Siiri Reiman and Aime Edasi.  Since I'm crazy about these shawl patterns with nupps, this is the ultimate reference.  It has every Estonian lace pattern you'll ever need, plus.  I'm now thinking about changing the bridal shawl to include more patterns so that I can try some of them out.    Page 53 has a Lily of the Valley pattern with an attached leaf that is a real humdinger.  We'll see.  I'm sure I'll talk about this shawl until you're all real tired of it.  The wedding is 10-10-10 so I'd better get going a little faster with the shawl.

Just in case you want to make yourself a niffty little Ramsey like mine, the pattern is available at Ravelry now.  Check it out at http://www.ravelry.com/designers/julie-lanner


I was surprised how much instruction it required to describe what I did to make Ramsey.  When I did it, I just doodled with the yarn and made him.

Lilo caught a mouse in the living room today.  Go, Lilo!  The mouse was so fat, he looked like a cartoon mouse.  He must have been eating her cat food for a while!  She is so pleased with herself.

So, I guess I'd better go to bed and let you all start your Ramsey Lambsies.

G'nite,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment