Sunday, May 24, 2009

Back from the cruise

  • May. 24th, 2009 at 5:19 PM
Hello,
It's Sunday, warm and sunny with cool nights.  Memorial day weekend.

I'm back from my Pacific coast cruise, well rested and cheerful.  My #2 sister and her husband Ron took us on a 4 day Carnival cruise.  Thank  you, Sis!

 We left San Diego, went to Catalina, spent a day there, and then fooled around in the ocean for the rest of the cruise, returning to San Diego.  It was great.  I just love sea days.  Lots of goofing off on the ship, watching shows, eating lobster and taking naps.



Here's Catalina in the early foggy morning over the rail of the ship.


Hard working tenders taking folks to the island in the morning.


Dan on deck.



The cabin surfaces were all orange, so this pic of the cabin interior came out all orange no matter what I did, LOL.


We liked to sit in the piano bar with Lady Liberty and have drinks or high tea...
.

Another Piano bar in the atrium getting set up.

My monkey face drink in the Lido buffet.


Dinner in the main dining room.




 Dancing at dinner



This is a bad pic taken in a dark bar of Bobby Ray Whavers.  His Crescent City blues band was great!  New Orleans style blues. 


The magician was also great, Bobby Borgia.  The dancers and singers tried hard, but the show is so scaled down, it's hard to make an impact. Comics not so good.  We noticed several recession cut backs, for example, no midnight buffet.

Me just before leaving on the last morning.  I didn't want to go home.


Since folks are concerned about swine flu, there are not enough people cruising, so the cruise companies are offering deep discounts.  My brother-in-law said we went on a cruise so he could save some money.  Less than what he might spend around town.  Now is the time to go!  Call your cruise agent!

On the knitting front I made a pair of socks for my father-in-law for father's day.  I'll post pics when I gift them. Colors of the sea.

Tata, 
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment