Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Cruise coming up

Cruise coming up

  • May. 12th, 2009 at 3:44 AM
 Hi,

I went swimming with my sister and brother in law today.  Arthritis swim exercises, they're really good for me.  Then we went out to lunch at Zocalo in Old Town.  We sat outside on the patio. It was so beautiful there, lovely day.  This is why we live in San Diego.  This is where Dan and had our wedding reception 3 years ago.  The bouganvillas are so very bright colored this year.  I don't have one in my garden because Dan hates to prune them, they are full of thorns.  But very beautiful.



My sister is cooking up a plan to take a couple day cruise to Catalina next week for her husband's birthday.  Dan and I are going along.   Sounds like a lot of  fun. 

I started a new version of the red Tango Shawl.  It was so pretty after it was blocked out that I just had to have another one.  I bought 3 balls of bright red Misty Alpaca lace weight yarn, as I had no idea how much it would take.  I used about 1 ounce, so I have 2 and a half balls left!  So I can create a redo if I want. 

I'm also working on a lacey linen baby blankie for a summer baby.  The gender is not specified, so the blankie is yellow and green.  This is working up very heavy, moose lace.  I will wash it twice before giving it to the new mom in the hope of softening up the linen. I'll post pics when I get  some.
 
Later, 
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment