Saturday, May 9, 2009

finished objects

Hello!    Happy Mothers' Day tomorrow morning!

It's warm and breezy.

I heard a lecture by Mr. Kasahara today.  Wow!  He was great.  I feel very fortunate to have attended.

I finished the beautiful red Tango Shawlette for my mother-in-law, who loves to go a-tangoing.  She and my father-in-law are great dancers.  (I have 2 left feet.) They have been going once a week to tango and they love it.
So I made this great red lace shawlette with gold beads in the edging for her to use for dancing.  I'm going to give it to her tomorrow morning at brunch.  Here it is modeled by that tangoing kitty, Lilo.  (As she runs back and forth on the bed with the shawl draped around her, very tango-esque.)

     

And by me.


Closeup.  Can you tell I'm pleased with how it turned out?



I also finished a pair of socks today.  Lots of work for short socks.  The half-wool, half-bamboo yarn is very fine and the gauge was 9 st/in.  I'm used to more casual socks at maybe 6 or 7 st/in, so this was very fine for me.   I'm not sure I would use that yarn again.  Here they are modeled again by the ever-obliging Lilo.



Tata and have a lovely Mothers' Day!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment