Friday, January 21, 2011

Finished the Pink stockings!!

Hi, Everyone,
It's a coolish Friday evening after a day that had a hard time making up its mind. It started out really cold in the early morning, and got really hot in the afternoon.  Wacky weather anymore in San Diego!  Listening to Brad Meldau - jazz keyboards.  Nice.  Mellow. I feel pretty good today.

I finished the pink thigh-high stockings for Heather yesterday as we were having lunch after our swim class.  She promised pics, so I'll post them as soon as I get them. 

I'm working on the the bridal lace scarf I'm making for Evva.  I'm almost done with the edging lace, all 603 stitches of it. 2 more rows to go  =  about1200 stitches.  Then I'll work the middle lace pattern and attach it to the edging at each side as I go.  Then the top edge of the center is grafted onto the edging.   Or maybe a Russian join...Heather, what do you think?  She taught me Russian join.   Pictures coming soon.  Center lace is from page 52 of  "The Haapsalu Shawl" by Siiri Rieman.  http://www.amazon.com/Haapsalu-Shawl-Knitted-Tradition-Estonia/dp/9985992598   It has Lily of the valley on one side of the pattern and a leaf on the other. Very nice, like lilies growing in the forest.

I am thinking about making this sweater when I finish the bridal lace scarf for Evva.

Maybe in some fluffy raspberry mohair I have in my stash, for a lighter version.

I went to visit a friend in the hospital with Dan and Evelyn.  Then we had dinner at Kip's in Hillcrest.  Kind of Pan-Asain cusine.  Pretty good, but too expensive for what it was. http://www.yelp.com/biz/kips-cafe-san-diego

Lilo is trying to be good. Silly Lilo.

See ya later, alligator!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment