Sunday, February 7, 2010

Another S'mores hat

Hello,
Today was cool and sunny and breezy.  I finally feel well.  Dan was in LA so I had a quiet girl's day out, chatting with my friend Flore.  Now it is evening and Dan is napping, so I still have the house to myself.  Nice. 

I also am finishing up a second hat from the last of the S'mores yarn.  I am experimenting with a stretchy bind off from Knitty.com.   It's called Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-Off, http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall09/FEATjssbo.php.  Ha-ha, funny how that copied from Knitty.  Anyway, the bound off edge is teal blue to bring out the light blue in the colorway.  And it is indeed very stretchy.  I might use it in the future for toe-up sock tops.

My daughter told me she is going on a cruise.  I'm so happy for her!  Sounds like so much fun.  Cruises are so cheap right now, it almost saves money to go.  Best of all, I'll watch Nate for her.  I'm just a besotted Gramma.

From Daisaku Ikeda: "
Remember that "The voice does the Buddha's work."   Let's chant resounding daimoku, give a courageous and impassioned "lion's roar" and engage in dialogue that strikes a chord in the hearts of others.   Let's win with voices that resonate with such warmth and confidence."

and...
Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda for Sunday, February 7, 2010.  "Your environment does not matter.  Everything starts with you. You must forge yourself through your own efforts.  I urge each of you to create something, start something and make a success of something.  That is the essence of human existence, the challenge of youth. Herein lies a wonderful way of life always aiming for the future."

Lilo is sleepy and she sez: G'night, All.  G'night, Lilo.
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment