Wednesday, February 17, 2010

No cancer! Hat was right on

No cancer! Hat was right on

  • Feb. 17th, 2010 at 1:02 AM
Hi,
I went to see the Derm and have the stitches removed.  The labs are clean.  Cancer all gone!  Happy dance! He said it is not the kind to come back.  I knit a blue watch cap for my doctor.  A little something for his convertible.  Must have been the right thing to do, as he loved it.  I do not have health insurance and he gave me the  "student rate",  telling me I surely must be a student of something.  Good Doc!

I finished my German socks.  Notice the toe.  Lately when I do toe up, which is most of my socks, I increase one stitch each "corner" too much, go an inch even, then decrease to the desired size and carry on down the foot.  This makes a little extra wiggle room in the toe.  I like them that way, but they look a bit funny off the foot.  You can't tell by looking on the foot.



The tops are shorter than usual as these are for me and that's how I like 'em.  Upside down Balbriggan heel.  First tiem for me and I'd do it again.  No turning, justa bunch of decreases.  Directions in Nancy Bush's Folk Socks.  There's a funny story there.  Some years ago, when I got that book I was avidly reading it as soon as I got it out of the Amazon box.  My Daughter came in a said,  "Well, Mother,  it's about time you are reading something again.  Since you got all sock crazy, all you want to do anymore is knit socks."  I held the book up so that she could read the title.  "Oh, no, not a book about knitting socks.  You're too much."  I laughed. 

Nathan was here for the weekend.  We had a great time.  We went with Dare to Pat and Oscar's.  All Nate's favorite stuff, bread sticks, pizza, pasta, salad, BBQ chicken and lots of  extra parm on top.  Very Nathan.



Six year old heaven.  The adults had a good time too.  Different kind of Valentine's Day.

I'm listening to Jazz 88.3, Herbie's latest release, way cool.  Current tune is originally from Nirvana, I kid you not.  I'll have to put the CD on my wish list.

So it's off to bed with me, Lilo sez Goodnight!,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment